join the new age movement on Facebook at www.facebook.com/everythingoldisnewageagain

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

a brand new day



I've got an out-with-the-old-and-in-with-the-new feeling these days.  A feeling that a new chapter in my life is about to begin.  I'm curious, of course, about the future and what it holds for me, but for once in my life I'm taking it in stride.  I'm allowing it to unfold without obsession, analysis or fear.  Just letting it happen.  It's nice.  Peaceful.

The reason I'm not fighting "what is and what will be" is very clear to me.  I'm not tangled up in or distracted by fear like I have been in the past. This is thanks to the journey I'm on.

For years I've been in compulsive research mode.  I have thought about this amazing Universe and what it holds for me, for us, just about every minute of every day.  Some people have told me that my aspirations aren't normal or that my thoughts are obsessive.  But if we are not here to find peace and explore the big questions, what are we here for?  To make money?  To have it all?  To be the best?  Don't we all hope that something greater than earthly gains exists?  And if that's the case, isn't it appropriate to give more of our time to that greatness?

To me, there's nothing more fascinating than exploring the question, "WHY?"  Nothing at all.  And I've enjoyed the journey thus far.  Because by exploring the possible answers to that great big question, I've discovered theories that make good sense to me.  Theories that dissolve my fears.  Theories that have provided me with a truth that works for me and fills me up with loving energy.  Nowadays, I'm not asking, "Why?" anymore.  I'm asking, "Why not?"  And when the mind is open, truth floods in.

I feel like I really "get it" now.  I "get" the connection and the divinity and the sameness between us.  My shelves full of books are not just stacks of thoughts anymore.  They're part of me.  There is so much more to learn, but I feel a deep-down confidence in my faith that provides me with an enormous sense of peace as a trudge through the day-to-day.


My journey to this place has not been easy.  I'm sure there will be moments ahead when I fall back into old patterns, but for now, I'm in the light.  And I'm soaking it up while it shines on me.

Peace, love, gratitude,
V

No comments:

Post a Comment