join the new age movement on Facebook at www.facebook.com/everythingoldisnewageagain

Monday, June 6, 2011

tiny shifts

This is part of a series of blog posts called "tiny shifts" - excerpts from books / magazines that I've read that seemed to alter the basic foundations of my thinking.  Enlightenment in action.  If this stirs you, please feel free to share in the comments.

I love the books written by Dr. Brian Weiss.  They're easy to read and brimming with beautiful messages.  In just a couple of lines, he changed the way I thought about who and why I am - and about how to heal myself.  I especially like the first line (bold print).  This particular idea altered my perspective on patience. 

 From Brian Weiss' book "Only Love is Real" (pages 66-67)...


Measure time, if you must, in lessons learned, not minutes or hours or years.  You can cure yourself in five minutes if you come to the proper understanding.  Or in fifty years.  It is all the same thing...  

Thoughts create the illusion of separateness and difference...  See that everything is interconnected and interdependent.  See the unity, not the differences.  See your true self.  See God... 

Healing will occur.  You will begin to use your unused mind.  You will see.  You will understand.  And you will grow wise.  Then there will be peace...

Ask yourself these questions:  What's to lose?  What's the worst that can happen?  Am I content to live the rest of my life this way?  Against the background of death, is this so risky? 

peace, love, gratitude,
v

brian weiss and me

No comments:

Post a Comment