join the new age movement on Facebook at www.facebook.com/everythingoldisnewageagain

Thursday, January 27, 2011

numerology

*********DID YOU GET TO THIS PAGE BY GOOGLING THE #9?  WHY ARE YOU RESEARCHING THIS NUMBER?  LOTS OF OTHER PEOPLE ARE, TOO.  PLEASE POST YOUR ANSWER IF YOU DON'T MIND SHARING.  I'M CURIOUS.*********

Lots of people have asked me about numerology so here's an abbreviated description.  Think of numerology as bread crumbs from the Universe, helping us find our ways home when we're lost.

Numerology is similar to astrology but it's based on numbers instead of planets.  I'm pretty sure some ancient Greek dude who was obsessed with numbers discovered it a gazillion years ago.  And it's way easier to understand than astrology because answers are uncovered through simple addition and subtraction.  My 6 year old can do it - and does.

The theory behind numerology is that each number has its own unique energy with specific characteristics and these characteristics tell you your life's purpose, personal strengths, challenges, yearly cycles and more. 

Charts are centered around something we all know very well - our names and birthdays.  There's a great book called Numerology by Hans DeCoz that shows you how to divine your numbers.  It's easy and straight-forward.

My friend/psychic/numerologist Jude DeCoff did my full chart for me, then I got the DeCoz book and did my numbers again just for kicks.  I came up with pretty much the same chart so the only point of me doing it again was to understand the process fully.  I got addicted very quickly and did my kids' charts, friends' charts, my dog's chart.  I love it.  So fun.

I'm going to share a little of my personal numerology so you can see how the numbers can be a great guide.  I'll focus on just two numbers:  life path and pinnacles, though in order to see the whole picture it's important to have a complete chart.  And, yes, I actually did use these numbers to help me figure out what to do with life next.  To me, it makes a lot of sense. 
 
The most important number is the life path.  It tells us what we're here to do within the scope of our personalities.  I'm a life path 9 - here to connect with a cause greater than myself and to serve humanity.  The 9 tells me I'm a highly imaginative big picture girl.  I long for a Utopian society and can see clearly how things should be.  9s typically do not make lots of money unless we can attach our fortune to a larger cause.  This larger cause does not necessarily have to be charitable.  I could serve humanity by providing people with jobs / livelihood.  The important piece is to understand the value and purpose of money.  But money doesn't drive me anyway, which is also common in 9s.  What I love most about being a 9 is that I am able to subconsciously access experiences from past lives and use that knowledge to move forward in a new direction.  So cool.

There are four pinnacle cycles which tell us what our strengths will be during certain periods of our lives.  I'm transitioning out of my 7 pinnacle into my 3.  The 7 represents a period of spiritual growth and dedicated study, the 3 represents peaking artistic creativity and lots of social activity.  My artistic gift is writing so I am using it to share the bits of new age philosophy I've learned in hopes to identify with people and encourage deeper thinking.  I also freelance a social column for my local newspaper to satisfy the party girl within.  Neither of these make me any money.  ;-(   

So that's why I'm here and why I'm doing this.  What are you doing?  How'd you get to where you are?  Does your life jive with your numerology? 

Peace!
V


No comments:

Post a Comment