join the new age movement on Facebook at www.facebook.com/everythingoldisnewageagain

Friday, March 25, 2011

only two symptoms

found this quote by deepak chopra in 11:11 magazine last month and i have found that it rings so true for people who are practicing mindfulness.

"according to vedanta, there are only two symptoms of enlightenment, just two indications that a transformation is taking place within you toward a higher consciousness.  the first symptom is that you stop worrying.  things don't bother you anymore.  you become light-hearted and full of joy.  the second symptom is that you encounter more and more meaningful coincidences in your life more and more synchronicities.  and this accelerates to the point where you actually experience the miraculous."  chopra said this in his book synchrodestiny. 

i've found bits of this beginning in my own life and it is so very exciting!  though at times "things" do bother me, i find that i am able to push through negativity faster and easier, and sometimes not feel affected at all.  my perspective is changing b/c i am interpreting my experiences through a happier mind. 

and meaningful coincidences - puh-lease!  happening almost everyday!  sometimes it's a confirming coincidence and other times it's a motivational one.  the question is, what to do in these moments.  answer the call or ignore the ringing?

typically if i ignore signs over and over, something so obvious comes bashing down on my head that i can no longer turn away.  then i surrender.  but i don't think of giving in as a weakness, i think it's a deep level of confidence in my faith mixed in with a little bit of a risk - amusement park style risk.  my belly gets squeezy and i scream my bloody head off but i partake in the motions knowing that my cart is secure to the track and when the ride's over i'll have faced a fear, collected fodder for a good story and prepared myself for the next experience.  

to me, these two "symptoms" along the path to enlightenment serve as proof that there really IS something more to life than just living.  the proof is in the joy that results!

peace!
v

No comments:

Post a Comment