join the new age movement on Facebook at www.facebook.com/everythingoldisnewageagain

Thursday, February 24, 2011

life according to zac

I love to dance to country music with my kids.  I crank the speakers and scoop them up one at a time for a bounce around my family room.  The others wait patiently and watch while their sibling is flung around in circles and smothered in kisses.  When the song ends, the next one stretches their hands up, eager for his/her turn.  I love it.  It's in these moments that I love life so deeply and intensely that I inevitably begin to cry big fat happy tears.


This is my favorite verse from "Chicken Fried" by The Zac Brown Band - always chokes me up... 

"It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most.
It's not where you live, or what you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
There's not dollar sign on peace of mind this I've come to know.
So if you agree have a drink with me, raise you glasses for a toast
to a little bit of chicken fried,
cold beer on a Friday night,
a pair of jeans that fit just right,
and the radio uuuuuup!
I like to see the sun rise,
see the love in my woman's eyes,
feel the touch of a precious child,
and know a mother's looooooovvvve." 

Peace!
V


2 comments:

  1. love it..we dance to country all the time..bella loves god is great, beer is good and people are crazy!!! ha ha..dancing with the girls there is no better place to be!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! glad to know we're in good company!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete